Pour-Over Coffee Brewer - BLOOM and BLOW by Finum - Winner of the Good Design Award 2018.
The stylish pour-over coffee brewer BLOOM AND FLOW, winner of the GOOD DESIGN Award, can be operated with any standard paper cone filter (No.2 and No.4) or any V-shape filter, allowing you to brew either 2, 4 or 6 cups. Brewer consists of the heat-resistant glass carafe and a unique funnel insert, providing an optimised blooming and flow of your coffee through the filter paper.
Made in Germany with machine blown borosilicate glass the carafe offers the best thermal properties. Thus BLOOM AND FLOW™️ can be placed (with liquid. but not empty) on a stove or over an open flame; it is also microwave-safe. The silicone collar is soft to the touch. To keep your coffee warm, BLOOM AND FLOW™️ comes with a lid.
1. Pre-rinse the filter while inside the funnel and remove excess water after rinsing the filter.
2. Weigh out 10 g per cup (20–60 g ground – should be medium coarse in size) and add the ground coffee inside the filter.
3. Bloom stage: Pour a small amount of hot water over the coffee to wet the grounds, and allow around 30 seconds for them to ‘bloom’.
4. Flow stage: Pour hot water in a slow spiral motion. Keep water level to ensure enough pressure for a continuous flow. Aim for a brewing time of 4 minutes. If the brewing time exceeds a four minute time limit, simply remove the funnel by its handle and place the funnel in a separate cup to finish straining through. By keeping your brew time under four minutes, your coffee will remain well balanced and will avoid any bitter side tastes that may occur from over extraction. If it runs too fast, then adjust the ground coarseness finer. If it runs too slow, then make the ground more coarse.
5. Dispose the used filter by removing the funnel by the handle and enjoy a perfectly balanced coffee! Place the lid inside the carafe to trap in the heat.
Made in Germany